Versione Italiano

The origins and history

The typical Tuscan farmstead is mentioned in documents dating back to the Leopoldian era; and thus it is likely that the original part of today's edifice dates back to that period, hypothesis confirmed by the discovery on the site of coins dating back to the early 1800's. In response to the increasing needs of the workers, the building was enlarged and it was during the expansion work of 1908 (date carved on the ceiling vault), that both the external well and bread oven were incorporated within the house.